Monday, November 12, 2012

Passing Time With Backpackers & Rebel Pigeons

Australian sunsets are gorgeous
Thulimbah can get pretty boring, but as Ive heard an Aussie say:

 Only boring people get bored.

For me, when I'm not working it's just the simple things that make life delicious! Have a hot tea in the garden, do some yoga in the yard, snap some photos, whatever. To just enjoy nature the way it was intended, away from the noise of cities and chaos.

Still, sometimes I get restless out here! Even though I do feel great coming back to the country after a shopping day in the nearest town, Stanthorpe. (blah) The wildlife just out of the town is incredible, especially the variety of birds. Im not used to seeing wild cockatoos and rebel pigeons so I could sit outside just watching and listening to them forever. I love the colored parrots-except when they wake me up at 3 am..true say!

I have renamed the Crested Dove, The Rebel Pigeon
I've been in Thulimbah for almost two months now, but surprisingly the time has just flown by. I have been working for 6/ 8 weeks so maybe that's why, but there have been some good times here.

Out of restlessness my creative streak has been coming through, and Ive taken up photography and Ive been baking like mad!  Herb Bread, Foccacia, Banana bread, raisin scones, mango pie, shortbread cookies, chocolate macaroons, you name it! My new housemate Paul from England has even pitched in money for baking supplies so he can get in on it.

 Tonight is his 32nd birthday so me and the other housemates are having a celebration dinner for him that he doesn't know about yet. Tatsu and Yuki, our Japanese housemates are going to make Vegetable Tempura and I am going to make coconut cake topped with fresh strawberries from a local farm. Perhaps have a few drinks of Canadian Club too?
My own Pizza, Chocolate Macaroons, Veg Shephard's Pie, Scones & Red Veg Curry!


Rebel Pigeon Photo Credit: Wikipedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment