Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Purpose of Travel Writing

This past summer while still in Canada, I was asked to write a feature article for a travel website called 
Drifter Alley. (D.A.) This Canadian-based website is run by seasoned travelers who share a common goal with me and My Roaming Backpack.  That is, to share travel-stories in hopes of providing educational, and entertaining material to the world, while providing advice and encouraging all the people out there day-dreaming of "somewhere else", to do it. The main goal is to help people become more interested and confident in exploration, so that they too can experience the world that is waiting for them!

Since starting to travel, my entire existence and feeling of purpose has been transformed. In an era of technology and information, I have the ability to share my experiences with people from all around the globe. Even if I can share only a fraction of what I see, hear, smell, taste, touch and feel, then I have accomplished my goal.

During 2012/13 I will travel Australia, South Africa, and Asia, all of which will be documented here on My Roaming Backpack. Check back every few days to keep up with me-I hope you enjoy these articles and are inspired! 

In addition, I am very excited to be welcomed to D.A. as a full-time travel writer. I will be regularly posting stories/articles @Drifteralley.com. To read more about me at D.A. and follow my stories click here! I am open to suggestions, so if you would like to hear about something particular during my adventures you can email me @: Jamie@Drifteralley.com.

Thank you for reading!
Photo by Luz Helena Florez

No comments:

Post a Comment