Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New Years in OZ- Ringing in 2013- Monteray Style!

I wont lie- I was very excited to get out of Australia and return back to Asia, but in all honesty, after living with 20 other amazing backpackers and forming some great friendships, I almost didnt want to leave.

 One of the best memories I have/ kind of don't have, was New Years Eve on the farm (which was dubbed 'Monteray') As another breath-taking sunset fell on us, we took it all in and got prepared for a decidedly sloppy night on the farm. A few days before the event, my friend Lydia (from France) and I were making plans for the party and deciding what liquor to buy. I mentioned the classic drink: The Caesar. To my shock her, or anyone else for that matter had never tried one, and didnt even know what it was! I took the liberty of introducing everyone, with what ingredients I could scrounge up from Chinchilla's local IGA. Now, believe it or not, Australia does not have Clamato or any Clam/tomato juice, so I had to make due with some V8 type juice, which is no comparison, but hey! You make due when youre in no-mans land!
i


 PRE-DRINKS!
The Caesars were a hit-a little too much! We ran out of plain vodka and decided to use lemon vodka and yes..ew, vanilla vodka..but hey! Its better than Goon! (a cheap boxed wine popular in Australia, which I dont even think has any grapes in it, I heard it is made from shellfish and other nasty ingredients..) One thing lead to another and soon enough we were passing around the 'boxhead' in "Kings".



We finished the night by walking down the road with a cooler of Corona and limes ( pitch black Australian road in the middle of the outback= super creepy!!)... but we made it and set up a fire down by the river! I remember walking down there with Marie from France and WOW did we have so much fun...lol...long story!

After this point I cant say I remember that much, except for the midnight hugs n kisses, the guys pulling a massive turtle out of the river, Jack being wasted drunk and having to go home early and me getting in trouble for dancing on a car....

No comments:

Post a Comment